Thursday, November 6, 2014

Birth Photography - My sweet nephew

I first witnessed a birth when my nephew, Cameron, was born and I will never forget the beauty of the moments that I was a part of in that hospital room.  While, I did not have a camera in hand that day, looking back, I really wish I had.  From that moment on, I have always wanted to photograph a birth, but never really pursued it.  I think that I was was a little intimated by the idea of having so much responsibility for such an important event in the lives of new parents!

It was not until this past September when my sister asked me to be in the room for the birth of my second nephew, Gavin, that I was able to bring my camera into labor and delivery.  I will admit, that I was very emotional from watching the incredible strength of my sister, there were a few times that I forgot I was supposed to be taking pictures - we are family, after all!

Of course, the birth of a child is a very private moment, therefore I am only showing a few of the pictures that I took, with the permission of my sister, of course.  I didn't want to do a lot of editing to the pictures as I wanted the details and the essence of the moment to really speak for it'self.

















I took all of the pictures from that day and added them to a slide show for my sister and had it play to a song that reminded me of her and her family.  I absolutely love that I was able to create something that she will be able to cherish and always have to remember her incredible moment. 

 I hope to continue to give moments like these back to families in the future.

Last,but not least, Gavin and I <3



No comments:

Post a Comment